What is Beartooth PTA?
The PTA at Beartooth Elementary is an active and supportive group. PTA is so much more than meetings and fundraising. PTA brings families together and helps Beartooth Elementary offer every child a great educational experience. PTA is a great place to meet new friends, participate in the future of Beartooth School and contribute to your child's learning environment. The list below provides a view of some ways Beartooth PTA has contributed to your child's school:
Our goal is to enhance your children's elementary school experience. Plus, it is fun for us adults, as well! Just talk to any of our volunteers to see how you can get involved.
Every month we will have PTA meeting on the 2nd Tuesday at 7:00pm.
Teacher Grant Application
Teachers, download the PTA grant application here. Remember, you must be a PTA member to apply for a grant. The PTA requests that you present your request in person at a monthly PTA meeting.
Making every child's potential a reality.
The PTA is:
- A powerful voice for all children
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed upon goals.
Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
Accountability: We acknowledge our obligation. We deliver on our promises.
Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
Meeting Minutes 8/14/2018
7:06 Call to order
7:07 Introductions of Board and those in attendance
7:08 Melissa Henderson from Safe Routes to Schools presentation
- Key benefits: reduce injury, health, personal development
- After 20 minutes of physical activity - brain mapping shows brains firing, active, and ready to learn
- Parent parking is difficult; parents do not follow expected procedures for student safety - using crosswalk, parking in designated/proper areas, adhering to school requests.
- Ideas - walk/bike to school incentives; notifications for parents (through iPad app, volunteer, and scanner tags)
- Public Works - will allow painting of crosswalks; Dave Mumford can be contacted
- Way-finding signage
7:23 Travis's 10
- We are a "Non-Funded" Title I school - losing 3 staff members that impact kids every day
- Looking for ways to fund our House system and Professional Development for staff to attend the Ron Clark Academy initiatives.
- PTA discussed the SUV Raffle Tickets - on sale until October 24th to fund PD for teachers. Possible PTA vs. Teachers
7:33 PTA Items
- Night at the Oasis - Parents can check out the above mentioned raffle tickets to sell for $10 each - of which $6 goes to school
- Back to School BASH! (7:40pm)
- PTA presence in Kindergarten & out front during
- Budget - PTA will meet at 8:30 on August 23rd here at the school to review and plan a budget for next year.
- Saturday Live - Stone put together teacher volunteer
- PTA Board Members share the day (2 members run morning, 2 others in afternoon session)
- Benches outside the gym - PTA would like to fund the lumber/parts: Jennifer motioned, Theresa second, call to vote=passed unanimously
Meeting adjourned @ 7:52pm